Hearts First Ambulance Service
UK and European Long Distance Repatriation Specialists
Private Ambulance Service
Hearts First Ambulance Service is a well-established, private ambulance company. We have a twenty-year history of providing services to both the NHS and the Private Sector.
We specialise in arranging a full repatriation service - whether it requires transportation by land, air and/or sea.
The company's mission is to provide the very best level of care together with the most cost-efficient patient transport service, to every patient.
We treat each and every patient, as we would like our own family to be treated.
- Friendly / Caring / Considerate / Experienced Healthcare professionals
- All our staff are NHS trained and qualified and experienced to the highest professional standards
- All staff are HCPC Paramedics or IHCD Technicians
- All staff have a minimum of 5 years frontline experience with an NHS Ambulance Trust
- All staff are experienced in European long distance transfers
- All staff have annual enhanced DBS checks
- All staff have annual refresher training
- We have multi lingual speakers
- Bespoke designed – Fully Kitted and Equipped to NHS standards
- 8 x HDU / A&E Standard Ambulances - Radlett
- 2 x HDU/A&E, 2 x PTS Ambulances - Scotland
- 1 x Specialist fully equipped Bariatric / ITU Ambulance
- 2 x MPV Stretcher Ambulances
- 2 x PTS Ambulances (Wheelchair)
- 2 x Medical Transfer / Response Cars
- 1 x 4x4 with stretcher
- All vehicles have Ambulance livery markings with Blue lights
- All vehicles are fully serviced every 15,000 miles and replaced every 100,000 miles
- All our ambulances are tailor made for our specific purpose – Long Distance Repatriation.
- 24 hour manned control / operation centre, 365 days a year
- CQC registered and audited
- 20 years experience in this specialised field of long distance patient transfers
- Repatriation Experts
- Fully insured in the UK and Europe
- HFAS have mastered their skills in the repatriation / long distance transfer services over many years and are NOT a "Jack of all trades" within the private ambulance sector.
- Highly Professional staff trained within the NHS
- Modern Brand new fleet of vehicles suitable for the specialised nature of long distance patient transfers.
As our specialty is European & UK long distance repatriations, we have comprehensive standard level service agreements (SLAs) with all our clients. Our clients include international travel insurance companies, most of the UK’s medical assistance companies, European assistance companies, many international Air Ambulance companies, NHS hospitals and a number of private hospitals both in the UK & abroad. We are recommended by the FCO and also are used by a number of Foreign Embassies in the UK. We currently average over 20 European long distance transfers every month and also undertake over 220 UK transfers every month.
Full UK and European insurance & breakdown cover; Extra seating for accompanying family members or medical staff; Space for luggage, Ski & Bicycle racks; On board refreshments (kettle, tea, coffee, milk, bottled water etc.) ; On-board Wi-Fi, DVD players and films for entertainment; Air Con / Diesel Heating; Extra UK plug & USB sockets for patients’ own devices; Special (pressure relieving) mattresses; Proper full sized wheelchairs for mobility; Ambulance emergency equipment to NHS standards; Full Cardiac monitoring equipment, grab bags, JRCALC Drug bags, Defibs etc.; Fully “winter kitted” – Winter tyres/Snow chains/Shovels etc.; Spare tyre & jacking equipment